Monday 24 January 2011

Water Colour workshop, Dublin

Here are a couple of shots from my Water Colour Workshop at the weekend. It was pretty intensive as it was designed for my Distance Learning students, as the starting-block to their water colour term, but many other students decided to come along too, jumping in at the deep end. They produced a mountain of paintings (or rather, EXERCISES), accompanied by screams of Torture, huffing, muttering under the breath and wailing for More Coffee... (and that was just me!! Only joking...) But today, I'm getting emails from them saying how Relaxing it was! How quickly we forget, which is how it should be, or we'd never start another painting.
Lovely that students came from far and wide, including flying in from Kerry, how civilised(compared to me driving through the fog!),  and Wales.








Next up, Portfolio Assembly for NCAD portfolios. This is a horrible job, but I was nearly knocked over by stampeding students when I sort of Thought-out-loud about offering this... Presentation of artwork is very important, and can transform the feel of the whole portfolio.  Portfolios need to be dropped off for a couple of hours to be sliced, cut and rearrange to its most glorious advantage ready for submission. Sunday 30th January. 



No comments:

Post a Comment