Monday 20 December 2010

Todays painting... Holly, 10in x 11in

Today I completed a water colour painting that I started at last weeks Monthly Monday class in Killaloe, in the west of Ireland. I try to keep all workshop subjects seasonal (apart from one very dreary January when the dark days were under-inspiring, so I splashed on a gigantic bunch of sunflowers. Sometimes, the seasons need a kick-start!) But this time, the red berries and shiny leaves of holly were just right. Its rare that I complete a water colour, and every time I do, I wonder why I don't do it more often. Quick, clean, fresh pigments - what's not to like? All around me right now are Christmas wreathes, oranges and cloves, a feast of colour against the snow.

1 comment:

  1. Loverly Julie!! for one who never wanted to use water colours i have been checking out buying a set and then i spotted your email with the christmas list....passed on to the relative relations with fingers crossed!
    well done on setting the blog up, it gets easier as you go along!
    anne

    ReplyDelete