Friday 4 April 2014

Teddy Bear's Picnic - tonal drawings, student work, pencil.

I asked my students to bring a teddy bear to class for drawing. It was so charming seeing them arriving, clutching their cuddly toys lovingly.. Great drawings, though pencil is difficult to photograph. This was such a popular subject - though there was nothing frivolous about it. The aim was to consider texture, and to understand that tone comes before texture



Sarah M, student


Ruth T, student

Sara C, student


Sarah B, student

Liz C, student

Upcoming workshops - Portrait Drawing 12th April, Oil Painting Workshop 26th & 27th April. 
Next Portfolio course is in June, email for details.

Draw In - summer drawing weekend 30th & 31st August with demonstrations and workshops by  PJLynch, Colleen Barry, Katherine Tyrrell and Paul Foxton, among others. www.draw-in.co.uk  




2 comments:

  1. How cool is that? Bring a teddy! And the drawings are great, they have captured the textures. Wish I was there !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pencil drawing of two teddies which I had made into notelets. One of my favourite drawings. Fascinated to see so many varied interpretations.

    ReplyDelete