She sent me the pattern and I got to it - it knits up very quickly and you should get two out of one ball of wool.
|My first little knit for quite a while. Delicious.|
If you would like to knit one, here is the pattern. It is very easy. You are asked not to use white or baby pastels as they will probably not be washed.
- 8 Ply Yarn (double knitting)
- 5mm needles (tight knitters) or 4.5mm needles (loose knitters)
- Cast on 44 stitches
- Work 18 Rows in K2, P2 rib
- Work 30 Rows stocking stitch (1 row plain, 1 row purl)
- Cast on 12 stitches at beginning of next 2 rows and at the same time change to K2, P2 (for sleeve)
- Rib 22 more rows.
- Next row: Rib 21, cast off 26 stitches, rib 21
- Next row: Rib 21, cast on 26 stitches, rib 21
- Work 22 rows in K2, P2 rib
- Cast off 12 stiches at beginning of next 2 rows
- Work 30 rows stocking stitch
- Work 18 rows, K2, P2 rib
- Cast off
12 Hornsey Road